Menu

J.Hakim Science books? Who has used these ....

ChrissySC

http://www.joyhakim.com/

Have you mixed it with another program.

I'm still struggling with science. I want it much more meatier (if that's a word :P).

I really want to stick to Life Science - looked at Prentice Hall. I was impressed with the topics for the middle school textbook. I think it would be great for 5th, but I want a twist to it.

OK, toss around some ideas ...

Give some input and experience ...

:lol:

:bigear:

I'm interested in this too. We have the first book and tried a few lessons out of the student guide last year but I found them a bit hard to implement as the experiments and such are geared toward a classroom setting. I think the book is marvelous though and would love to hear how other people have used it.

I have Vol. 1 (Aristotle Leads the Way) and while it's interesting, it's more of a supplement than an actual text. I used it as a way to tie in science to our study of ancient times. What I did NOT like, and why I did not get any of the later volumes, was the author's major anti-Christian bias.

I was reading on some of the bias on the board. I was wondering if anyone worked it into a study of science, or if they used it with something like RS4K.

Is there even a way to work it in .... We read everything here and the fact that an author is a person and has an opinion is well known even in the 4th grade. As we say, everyone has a "bootie," and they all look different.

:-s perhaps I should ask how to enrich or if anyone has enriched RS4K. From what I could read of Aristotle, I like the book.