Menu

HOD

Krisi in GA

We are doing Preparing now and I really do like it. I'm a bit frustrated b/c my boys don't seem to enjoy it as much as I do. :glare: But, then again, my boy don't like school, period. LOL. I like HOD b/c of the "box layout" I love having everything that I need for that day on a neat 2 pg. spread. No flipping back and forth btwn. pages, kwim? But you know this if you've used HOD at all. I like all of the books chosen for this particular curriculum (so far...we are only in wk. 14). I like how my older boys can do it mostly independently which frees me up to teach the youngers. If you are a sciency type person, you might find the science lacking. My 12yo wants more science. So we use Rainbow Science for him. All-in-all I am quite happy with it and plan to continue with CtC for my 11yo 5th grader for next year and jump to the new Rev to Rev guide coming out for ds12 only b/c he will be going to public high school and will study 2nd half of Amer. Hist. in 9th. So...since he's had a lot of Ancients and quite a bit of Rome to Ref...the new Rev to Rev guide is perfect...topic-wise and age-wise. :D