Menu

Could you go from CLE Math 7 to Math Relief Algebra?

Have you thought about fast-tracking through 800?

We're just doing the new material, quizzes and tests--no review. I'm also skipping over any of the non-essential chapters (Biblical measurement comes to mind) so we're making rapid progress. My ds can zip through 2 or 3 chapters a day pretty painlessly this way.

I've read enough good feedback here about CLE 700 that I feel pretty confident that it is enough to move into Alg 1, but I already owned the 800 level and I like the practical math incorporated in it.

Hope this is helpful!

That's great news! Thank you!

We can certainly shoot for fast-tracking thru 800, but I just wanted to be sure 700 was enough, just in case.

My ds takes forever to do a math lesson though, so I don't know how much progress we will make. I'm probably going to have to split the lessons into two parts during the day. Bless his little heart.

Thanks again,

Kim

My ds finished CLE math 7. I bought Saxon alg. 1 and CLE math 8. After looking through both, I decided to go ahead with Saxon alg. 1.

But my ds decided to attend school for the first time (gr. 8), and we didn't use either one.

If your dc did well in CLE math 7, then I'm sure that he will do well with almost any algebra 1 program.

BTW, I have CLE math 8 for sale, if you're interested. :D

Thank you , Michelle. That's encouraging.

Keniki, how are you liking the algebra? It won't be released until 2013, though, right? I'll need it sooner. I wonder if they will still need testers for next year?

Thanks,

Kim

We like it....most days. ;) It is very rigorous, and at least for us, it's not as independent as previous grades. DD needs me to teach it, but she's doing fairly well.

I think they have all the testers they need. I believe they hope to spend next year with the corrections and printing, but it wouldn't cost you anything to ask. :)

Yes, you can go from CLE 700 to Algebra. However, we decided to do the 800 series first and I am glad we did. The 800 series is very good- lots of practical applications of math- percentages, pre-algebra, compound interest, etc.

We just like CLE and decided to stay with it as long as we could. Next year we'll go to some Algebra program, but right now, the 800 series is very solid, important math that I am glad my dd is learning.

:001_smile:

Yes, you can go from CLE 700 to Algebra. However, we decided to do the 800 series first and I am glad we did. The 800 series is very good- lots of practical applications of math- percentages, pre-algebra, compound interest, etc.

We just like CLE and decided to stay with it as long as we could. Next year we'll go to some Algebra program, but right now, the 800 series is very solid, important math that I am glad my dd is learning.

:001_smile:

:iagree:

Now that we are currently using CLE 800, I am glad we did not skip it and rush into algebra. He's learning some good stuff.