Menu

I need some perspective about guest situations here...or maybe just a vent??

Well, since the thread has gone on to discuss the DH's actions more, I'll toss in my experience.

My DH used to do this to me and never understood why I'd get mad or stressed until I burst into tears one day as people drove up! I looked around in horror at the state of our home then realized I hadn't even showered. I raced to the bedroom yelling, "you get the kids," and took a long relaxing shower. Then leisurely did my hair and makeup as he played host alone. He got to apologize for the state of our home. He got to clean up children in front of guests. He got to enjoy all the awkwardness alone.

Well, since the thread has gone on to discuss the DH's actions more, I'll toss in my experience.

My DH used to do this to me and never understood why I'd get mad or stressed until I burst into tears one day as people drove up! I looked around in horror at the state of our home then realized I hadn't even showered. I raced to the bedroom yelling, "you get the kids," and took a long relaxing shower. Then leisurely did my hair and makeup as he played host alone. He got to apologize for the state of our home. He got to clean up children in front of guests. He got to enjoy all the awkwardness alone.

I LOVE this. :001_wub::smilielol5:

I'm sure he understood from that point on.