Menu

DianneW88

I was searching for Konos information, and found a post that you made a while back. It's this (emphasis mine):

We are messy, gooey, sticky, make projects, do lapbooks, notebook like crazy, cook things, glue things, spray paint things, make our own replica teepees, medieval castles, explorer's ships, etc. with cardboard boxes, dramatize things and go waaaay over the top with the fun part of school and then cover it all in glitter.

I just wanted to tell you that as a new homeschooler who's been pretty much struggling to figure out all that is out there, how to do it, how my kids learn...you get the picture, and not screw them up...I came across this post by you.

That. That's what I want. I want to have my kids home, learn with them, have fun with them. I want to watch the wonder over things, and I want to enjoy them while they are still young. I'm not so consumed with rigor so much as I want them to simply love to learn. Not that i'll let academics slide, of course, but I want to enhance them with joy.

Just wanted to say thanks for the words. Hope calling you out about it didn't freak you out. :)

Not at all!! I'm happy if what I said helped you find what you'd like to do with your kids. Homeschooling has been a wonderful journey for our family, and I can honestly tell you that the KONOS units are what they remember the most and remember the most fondly. Is it more work for you? Sure, but I've found their retention is greater, and they truly LEARN the material. It's amazing. My youngest is 10 now and we are right in the middle of the "Early Settlers" unit (Vol. 2). I'm having just as much fun doing it all over again as I did the first time.

Have fun making wonderful memories with your kiddos as well!!

Also, feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'm always happy to help if I can. :)