Menu

Eval. What do I ask for?

I know dd 2, and ds are adhd, but I want to have a full eval done on both of them w/ a nueropsych. Dd's therapist mentioned a cognitive problem today as an example of how some people see things, and I said "that's my son". I want them to do more than look at just DSMV criteria. I have seen people mention a WISC IV, and mention cognitive function tests?

So exactly what should I be asking for when I call them and up and ask for testing?

Also, has anyone had any problems getting teens tested? Ds is 14, and dds are 12.

Just say you need a full neuropsych eval done to rule out learning disabilities, ADHD, and autism spectrum disorders (and anything else you think applies.. bi-polar, depression, OCD, etc.). Tell them you just need to make sure you're not missing anything.

A full neuropsych eval would include IQ testing, achievment testing, ADHD testing, rule out ASD, rule out learning disabilities, rule out depression, etc. etc.

Good luck!

You won't really have to ask for specific testing-

Usually Neuropsyches have appt's for evaluation first - it is an interview and a survey form. Then the doc comes up with the tests he thinks are needed.

In the interview you would tell him/her your concerns, and go from there.