Menu

Am I nuts or would you rent from us at these conditions?

I can imagine trusting a stranger to live in my house. But I cannot imagine trusting a stranger to care for my elderly horse. I just can't imagine it.

ETA: You'd have to spell out very carefully who was responsible for what, who pays for what, what they can and can't do with the horse (They're almost sure to put kids on him), and who's responsible for damages and injuries. I just can't imagine doing this.

You have a point. I would make very clear that he cannot be ridden anymore, though a small child would hardly hurt him. He is used to children since my ds used to ride him all over the place, so did I. But his riding days are over. He has a degenerative ligament disease in his hind legs.

Trusting a stranger with him in his old age is certainly a sore spot for me as well. I always wanted to be there when he breathed his last. Logically, I know that he could die while I am at work but still...you know what I mean.

I'm so glad your dh found a job! And, your place sounds absolutely lovely. Just like what I dream about. I would, however, be nervous about being responsible for your horse. I would do my best and wouldn't mind being asked to feed it, but what if something happened? I would feel awful. I don't think I would want the responsibility although your place sounds just perfect.