Menu

s/o R&S English thread... re: alternating with Easy Grammar???

Someone in a recent R&S grammar thread (elegantlion, I think???) said that she doesn't use an intense grammar program every year, but about every 2-3 years instead. I've been considering doing this, in order to prevent R&S English burnout. ;)

My 6th grade student has been doing R&S English 5 this year, and as you know, R&S English can be very tedious. I've been considering alternating R&S English and Easy Grammar instead of doing R&S every year. Note: I'm not tallking about skipping levels of R&S, but following this progression:

6th - R&S 5

7th - EG (I have the old 5/6 book.)

8th - R&S 6

9th - EG Plus

etc...

I'd love to hear from people who have done this, or something similar. Thanks!

Edited by ereks mom

Yes, it was me. We did Easy Grammar in 4th, CW Aesop (using their grammar in 5th), & R&S 6 in 6th. This year we've had a weird year we haven't gotten to grammar yet. Previous to 4th we used Abeka Language.

We also do Latin which includes a lot of grammar. I also have a child that just gets grammar. He had delays in other areas of the Language arts so we opted to spend more focus on those and less on grammar.

I don't know level would be best, but doing grammar in this manner has worked well for us.