Menu

WWE questions

jlmom

Do I need the instructor's guide for WWE1? Can we get away with just the student guide? Did you start this in first grade? It seems like we do so much now and I'm afraid that if I add a complete writing program on top of it she's going to resist.

Well, by 'student guide' I am assuming you mean the thick workbook? If so, yes you only use this. However, it is something you use together. There are parts you read to her, there are parts she uses for copywork.

The whole thing is actually easy peasy. I started with year two and it took 10 mins at the most. We are in year 4 and it still only takes 20 mins or so.

The hard cover book titled "writing with ease' is a book that covers the whole 4 years. It is, in part, a week by week outline that covers all 4 years in case you want to chose your own reading sections, copywork, dictation. It also has a great overview of the program.

You don't need the hardcover book 'writing with ease' to impliment the program. I have it and I am glad I do, but it is a bit expensive and not necessary.

However, if you are industrious and chose your own reading/copywork selections you can save money and buy only the hardcover book and it works for all four years.

Clear as mud I am sure.

My first grader is using WWE1, and it's very easy. My son will balk at too much writing, and so far (week 2), it's been fine. The copywork has a short option and a long option. It's done two days per week. The narration is just you reading a passage, asking some questions, then they dictate to you one thing they remember from the passage. I think it's week 4 that they start copying the narration that you wrote down one day per week. Either way though, it's not time consuming or too much writing, even for my "My hand hurts!" little boy. :)

We are using the WWE2 workbook this year. Now that I have done this version, and listened to her lecture...I'm thinking I'd like to get the hardcover and try to do it on my own. The workbooks however are an awesome, open-and-go resource. If you didn't want the hardcover, I do suggest the lecture, it's like $4 and explains SO MUCH. It brings the whole thing together, explaining how to go about each step so you coach your child properly and really shows you the big picture of the process. I'm loving it right now, and how it has explained what I've been doing all year. :) It's also shown me the things I've been doing wrong lol!! :)

We are in WWE 2 and use just the student books. I have the hard covered book too, but plan to sell it as I never ever use it. I have my son do the copy work and all the writing on separate paper because the lines in the workbook are too big for us and because I would like to reuse the book with my other children. The lessons usually take us about 10 min and we will for sure order book 3 for next fall. I really love this program and appreciate how easy it is to use!