Menu

Anyone have experience with AIMS science for middle grades?

I'm looking into science for my ds and dd who will be 6th and 4th graders next year. Im planning on Earth Science and Astronomy. Right now we are doing Apologia Human Anatomy and Botany. I like it but feel like it is more grammar level thinking, and I'm ready to move into the logic stage with science next year.

AIMS has the Earth Book( gr6-9) and Out of This World(gr4-8) for scientific investigations. I'm wondering if these would fit well with a logic stage approach to science. I would use DK Definitive Visual Guide Earth and Universe and library books for extra reading and writing assignments.

I'm also open to anything else that has worked for you. I know many use PH Science Explorer, but I'm not sure I want a textbook with all the reviews I've read that say there just aren't ANY good middle school science textbooks. Although, I have to admit the idea is appealing.

My only criteria is that we do not believe in the young earth philosophy,so many Christian programs are out.