Menu

God's design for science

Has anyone used this curriculum for their 7th and 8th grade students? how did you like it?

I am thinking of using this next year with my 7th grader and supplement with Johnathon Park cd's for fun when they fit. I think this would fit more with what my younger kids are doing and it would be less of a stretch for me:) to help him. but i worry it is to light.

I have not used it with anyone that grade, but one easy way to beef it up might be to add independent reading from the Tiner books on the same subject and have them list important facts from their reading (like an informal outline). I have no idea if the experimentation would need supplementing, as science is really out of my comfort zone. Actually I always laugh at myself when I post on a science thread :lol: - but I do think the Tiner books are challenging and I do like having ds listing main ideas from some of his readings.

Has anyone used this curriculum for their 7th and 8th grade students? how did you like it?

I am thinking of using this next year with my 7th grader and supplement with Johnathon Park cd's for fun when they fit. I think this would fit more with what my younger kids are doing and it would be less of a stretch for me:) to help him. but i worry it is to light.

My oldest used the Physics series last year, and I wouldn't have a problem doing that in 7th, maybe even the chemistry in 7th and physics in 8th. With the rest I would personally feel the need to assign additional reading.

Heather