Menu

Our next house ~ 2 story vs. ranch....wwy say?

We do have a bedroom and full bath on our main level, but we specifically avoided a two-story with the master on the main level. We hate how much living space gets stolen by that arrangement. When we are too old to do stairs, we will probably also be too old to want this big house. I expect to move into a one level condo at some point. Let someone else do the yardwork. :)

We've got dh's parents living with us and they'll probably keep living with us until they die (10-30 years). We will not move while they are still with us. The arrangement would NOT work if we were in a ranch. In our two-story we were able to give them the whole basement (it is daylight and walk-out) as a nice, fully-contained apartment. There is no way I could have given them our whole basement in a ranch. Yet another reason I'm glad to be in a two-story. :)

We do have a bedroom and full bath on our main level, but we specifically avoided a two-story with the master on the main level. We hate how much living space gets stolen by that arrangement. When we are too old to do stairs, we will probably also be too old to want this big house. I expect to move into a one level condo at some point. Let someone else do the yardwork. :)
:iagree: That's exactly my thoughts! We WANTED our bedroom upstairs where the kids' bedrooms are! LOVE that close arrangement without having to navigate stairs!

We also want a one-story condo type place where someone else does the yardwork when we get older! :D

Yes Brindee and others, that's exactly what I want. We have one child, our dd, and while she will want a little space as she grows, I "want" to be on the same level.....whether it's upstairs in a 2 story OR in a ranch. I do not feel comfortable being seperated from her, but then again that's just me. :001_smile:

S <><