Menu

OK college question/crosspost

sweetTN

Dd is looking for a high school diploma for her 17 yr ds who is graduating this spring. He has always attended OK ps, except for the last 4 months, and is eligible for free college IF he can get his diploma in OK. Since they are moving in Feb/Mar OK will not let the dc finish out the school year in OK without retaking their current grade (They have been attending a private school in FL using Paces). As it stands now, dgs will either have to repeat his senior year or his parents will have to cover the cost of college. Does anyone know if a homeschool issued diploma will suffice for the free college program in OK. If it helps, dgs's ACT and SAT scores are high, and he has received many scholarship offers.

We have not had any problems with a homeschool diploma being accepted anywhere. For this particular situation, I would think an attached letter explaining the peculiar circumstances and briefly detailing what was done educationally in the homeschooling months would easily suffice, esp since it is backed up with good SAT/ACT scores.

That said, I don't know which college you are talking about and different colleges can have their own quirks/expectations.

• 2 weeks later...

If I might ask, which "free college program in OK" are you referring to? We live in OK and I don't know what program this might be?:confused:

I do know that as an OK resident, students can apply towards special admissions and tuition programs, but wouldn't your dgs be considered a FL resident now?

Sorry for the confusion on my part.