Menu

How Much Do State PSAT Scores Change Year to Year?

Our state, Kentucky, had qualifying scores of 208, 209, 209, 208 for the last four years. Youngest DS got a 211. Do you think he will make the cutoff? My DD missed it by one point when she was eligible (got a 207), and with my older DS, there was no question (got a 235). My youngest DS had a terrible time all last school year struggling with severe OCD. His standardized test scores plummeted. He's doing much better this year, at least psychologically, but I would love for him to qualify because of all his academic issues ... we're not expecting Ivy League for him, maybe just a partial scholarship to our state university. We have two in private colleges, my youngest DS is taking CC classes, and I'm going back to graduate school next semester as well. Our educational bills are killing us!!! Please reassure me there's hope :)

Our state, Kentucky, had qualifying scores of 208, 209, 209, 208 for the last four years. Youngest DS got a 211. Do you think he will make the cutoff? My DD missed it by one point when she was eligible (got a 207), and with my older DS, there was no question (got a 235). My youngest DS had a terrible time all last school year struggling with severe OCD. His standardized test scores plummeted. He's doing much better this year, at least psychologically, but I would love for him to qualify because of all his academic issues ... we're not expecting Ivy League for him, maybe just a partial scholarship to our state university. We have two in private colleges, my youngest DS is taking CC classes, and I'm going back to graduate school next semester as well. Our educational bills are killing us!!! Please reassure me there's hope :)

I think you've got a really good shot. Everyone is expecting scores to be higher (generally) this year, but only by a point or two. You've got 2 in the right direction! I'll be rooting for you. I wish we lived in KY right now...