Menu

Do you think Homeschool in the Wood's Time Travelers Series provides a solid, basic..

Halcyon

understanding of US History? We're working on the New World Explorer CD, and loving it, and I only now realized they have 5 other CDs LOL. I had been trying to figure out how to incorporate US History alongside SOTW3 but perhaps this would suffice? I don't need anything hardcore, just something to introduce American History to them in an enjoyable way. We are also reading The Drama of American History and other living books in our spare time, fwiw.

Thanks if anyone has done this series!

Thanks everyone :) I found another thread from long ago (okay, 1.5 years ;)) that says it IS possible to use this as a spine: Here

I am actually excited, as I wanted to find something I could use alongside SOTW 3 but that was different and engaging. My boys love lapbooks,and I'd purchased the New World Explorers from someone on the boards solely because my oldest is loving learning about explorers. So to find out there's a whole series that just might work as a "first go round" for American History is great!

(okay, so I'm not really looking forward to all the prep work but I can deal, right? :tongue_smilie:)

I've been using the CDs as our spine for our study of US History and LOVE them! I add in living books for my older ds to read on his own and I have a read aloud going each week having to do with the topic we are studying. I find the activities to be engaging and fun. We haven't been using the schedule they provide because it would not allow us time to really dig into the topic. Last year we only used the Colonial and the Revolutionary War cds, and this year we are taking the whole year to do the Early 19th century. For instance, I think the unit only allow 2 days in the schedule for Native Americans, but we are going to take 9 weeks to do it. We are also going to take 12 weeks to study Pioneers. :001_smile: