Menu

I am at my wits end with Math+....

My dd has been working on the unit assessment for TWO HOURS. Honestly, does anyone really need to work out 31 long multiplication and division problems with decimals to show they understand the concept? :glare:

I think 10 would more than suffice.

Did I mention she had to do 20 problems yesterday, as a REVIEW? UGH.

And, she can't skip the ones today, because we have to turn in this assessment for her portfolio.

I can not wait until we are done with this math curriculum!!! Lord, give us strength.

I wish... it's all computer based. You see one problem at a time, and if you don't answer them all, it tells you that you haven't answered all of the questions, and to go back (well, sometimes it tells you that even when you have answered them all). If you don't answer them all, they are marked wrong, and you haven't "mastered the assessment."

She has to show all of her work for this one, because it is part of her evaluation for the month.

I miss our old assessments, where the problems were typed out, we had about 10-15 questions (except for semester assessments), and we'd just have to do the work. These new ones we have to hand-copy everything, and then do the work -- and they just seem needlessly long.

I wish... it's all computer based. You see one problem at a time, and if you don't answer them all, it tells you that you haven't answered all of the questions, and to go back (well, sometimes it tells you that even when you have answered them all). If you don't answer them all, they are marked wrong, and you haven't "mastered the assessment."

She has to show all of her work for this one, because it is part of her evaluation for the month.

I miss our old assessments, where the problems were typed out, we had about 10-15 questions (except for semester assessments), and we'd just have to do the work. These new ones we have to hand-copy everything, and then do the work -- and they just seem needlessly long.

You can't break it up and do some today and some tomorrow?