Menu

Totally out of regular flour...can I substitute?

I do have bread flour and whole wheat flour. We're making choc. chip cookies. I have no clue!

And for those who might wonder, no I will NOT be consuming these products which contain sugar and refined carbohydrates! Still finishing Good Calories, Bad Calories and finding it more compelling with each chapter. Slowly nearing the end...!

You can whole wheat in cookie but you will be able to taste the difference. Finely ground (food processor) oatmeal mixed in is good too . The oatmeal is in the Mrs Field's $400 recipe (or Macy's - I've seen it attributed to a couple of different stores.)

The whole wheat flour will be crunchy unless you put in a little extra moisture and chill it an hour or so.

Be better for you though.

If you have a way to grind up oatmeal reallly fine (blender, food processor), I would use a combo - 1/2 oatmeal, and the other half either bread flour or whole wheat or a combo of both.

If not, I'd use a bread flour (or a combo bread and whole wheat)... just make sure you don't overmix... stir until just barely blended and it will be fine

Good luck!