Menu

Auditory memory

The professor at my son's speeech clinic talked to me today about my son's memory, which we had been wondering if he had issues. She does think this is a big part of why he can't read, but she didn't really have a clear answer as to what we can do to help. She wants to see how he does with continued reading help and his VT, but I am wondering if there is something I should or could be doing now to help him.

I think he has all around memory issues, not just auditory but I don't know what you even call that and I don't know how to deal with it. Any suggestions.

Jean,

Maybe once his seizures are under control, his memory will get better. My son Nathan has finally gotten his seizures under control and I have noticed lately that his memory is starting to get better. He is retaining material that I am teaching him now instead of forgetting it. He is able to take material from short term to long term more now than before. Hope this helps encourage you. I know it is difficult when it is your child.

I know nothing really scientific to say except that our neuropsycologist said that the frontal lobe isn't fully developed until a child is 9 and that could possibly account for some of the problems we thought may be auditory for my ds. Just throwing that out there.