Menu

Help! Packing for Cruise with children.

Could you all give me some recommendations on what to pack for young kids. Thanks Susan

Swimming gear and a beach towel. Every ship I've been on the kids got their yah-yahs out by swimming. Kiddo did that on the Cruise He Took With WTMCassandra! This also means the drops for swimmer's ear, as they can spend hours in there.

Tummy upset medicine. The food will be richer than what you serve at home (pepto-B and immodium).

What my mother called a Blast Jacket....something light that blocks the wind.

A mini flashlight, so you don't have to turn the cabin lights on and wake up everyone. Inside cabins get DARK.

A back-up, in your purse, of all meds needed.

I hear many carry hand sanitizer now.

HTH, have fun!

Well, *don't* do what I did. I went a cruise with dh and a 4mo, and ended up taking something like 9 or 10 bags, mostly full of baby stuff! We didn't even touch half the bags, and we had to have a porter help us haul it to our car when we left. It ranks as the most ridiculous packing job I have ever done :glare:. IME, if you don't use it at home, you're not going to use it on vacation, even on a cruise ;).

A mini flashlight, so you don't have to turn the cabin lights on and wake up everyone. Inside cabins get DARK.

We got a pack of those glow-stick bracelets from the dollar store and just hooked one around the kids' bedposts every night. Don't pack it in your carry-on if you're flying, though!