Menu

Texting phones--which one to get?

I think I would like to enter the world of texting. That means I will need a new phone as mine is the very simple little flip phone.

We have Verizon if that makes a difference. I need one that is EASY to use, durable, and EASY to use.

I can add the texting for about $5/month. Not sure I want to go the whole way to an internet phone but I know that sure would be nice many times when I am out and about and need to check on something. That though would cost me quite a bit more each month. Then again, if I get just a texting phone I am stuck for 2 years unless I want to shell out $$$ for an "early" purchase of a phone.

Help me decide what to look for, what to avoid, etc. I have only sent about 5 text messages in my life----using my son's phone.

I think I would like to enter the world of texting. That means I will need a new phone as mine is the very simple little flip phone.

We have Verizon if that makes a difference. I need one that is EASY to use, durable, and EASY to use.

I can add the texting for about $5/month. Not sure I want to go the whole way to an internet phone but I know that sure would be nice many times when I am out and about and need to check on something.

I LOVE my Samsung Fascinate. It's very easy to learn to text and the Swype keyboard is great. There is a lot available on the phone though, and there's definitely a learning curve. But texting itself is easy.

It does require the $30 monthly data plan. We travel quite a bit, and it's so convenient to have internet available whenever we need it.