Menu

DH has mono...

He has had coxsackie this past week, but the dr. did a blood test to check for mono too. The results today showed mono was active. I'm guessing he either has mono as well as coxsackie or has always had mono and it is active now. I'm still researching. I will call the dr. tomorrow and ask specific questions because DH was the one who talked to her and I was not here when she called. I always have more specific questions than DH. :) In the meantime, what do I need to know about mono?

and if my old brain serves me right is contagious by kissing or sharing oral secretions, utensils, glasses anything that ones mouth has touched. Sometimes you can fill the lymph nodes under the arms and usually at the throat are enlarged. In some it can cause a sore throat but not always. The most bothersome is the tiring. When I was in nursing school ages ago it was advised to stay out of school (this is a common DX for kids in school) and get lots of rest. I think there are some meds that can be used now that can help it heal faster but from what I understand it takes a while to get all the energy back.

I had reactivated mono a few years ago. It was the worst sore throat I ever had in my life--I thought I would choke on even water. I found that flavored liquids such as iced tea went down better. Mashed potatoes were good too.

I was tired but didn't have the intense fatigue that people often report. I did, however, park myself in the recliner for a week as I knew that would help a quick recovery. I called it my Mononucleosis Film Festival. :001_smile: