Menu

TT4 (or any of the younger grades) grading question

Angel

Ok, this might be a silly question, but it's really bugging me. TT4 grades dd's work. I like this. It is a very cool aspect of the program. However, some problems she gets wrong, and then it gives her another chance to do the problem. She reworks the problem, gets it right and TT doesn't count that problem as one missed. Though she missed it originally. Now some problems she doesn't get the opportunity to redo and it counts it as a missed problem.

How do YOU grade this?? Do you just use the grade that TT puts into the gradebook? OR do you go by the original problems missed?

Like I said, silly question but it is driving me nuts. I only keep grades for math, spelling, and grammar at this point, and those really only for me. Dd loves TT and is moving right along with it.

Thanks so much!

I like that Teaching Textbooks gives 2 tries on a problem. My dd will try to figure it out if she gets it wrong and go back and fix it if she'll get her points back. I just print out the grade sheet TT generates to add to her portfolio. My dd at public school is able to correct her math quizzes for additional points so I see it as similar to this.

Plus there have been plenty of times dd gets the right answer and then just enters it wrong and this way it doesn't count against her.

I It's been teaching him to slow down and watch out for silly mistakes.

Plus there have been plenty of times dd gets the right answer and then just enters it wrong and this way it doesn't count against her.

Yes, I have noticed both of the above with her :001_rolleyes: She likes to anticipate what the question will be and then has an answer in before she actually reads what they want.

Thanks so much! I have been going crazy trying to figure this out for recording purposes. I feel better now :D