Menu

What do you think of this laser printer?

I currently have two ink printers. The one is a wireless printer, copier , scanner the other "works" but needs a $40 ink cartridge which I am not willing to put into it. I think a laser printer would be really nice especially with so many ebooks and such becoming more popular. I am looking at this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/634688-REG/Brother_HL5370DW_HL_5370DW_Laser_Printer_with.html#Connectivity

I like that it can be wireless and does duplex printing. I don't really think I need color. Does this look like a good deal?

Hi~

I had a laser printer, now we have an HP 8500. It is an ink jet printer, but if you look into them, the ink costs 50% less than a laser printer and it used less energy. The quality is awesome. It is wireless, color and even prints photos. We like it so much better than our laser printer quality wise and ink lasted a full year and we print and copy every day. The color and black ink cost less than one laser cartridge. We got ours at Costco and our ink there as well.

Sheri

We bought a Laser - Brother HL2140 in Fry's electronics for 50$. It is is B/W laser with a high yield Toner Cartridge - TN360.

When you are looking at a Laser printer, look at the Toner Cartridge price + No. of prints per cartridge. This will give you the cost per print. Should be 1-2C per copy.

Samsung & Brother are good choices for low end Laser printers. I was told by someone (ex-HP employee) that HP printers are programmed so that once the counter hits a ceratin no., they quit working.

I did not go with the Color laser becuase, it is 4 cartridges to replace. If you do go with a Color laser, make sure it still prints even if a cartridge is empty.

I had enough of Inkjets. If you don't use them regularaly the ink dries out . Most of them don't even print B/W, if one of your colored ink cartridge is bad.

I really appreciate the replies. I've decided to rethink my Officejet and get the $40 cartridge. The printer was acting real strange when connected to our old PC ( and it refuses to update), but I connected it to my Mac and it seems to be much better.

I really wish I hadn't bought that Officejet in the first place. I have been doing draft prints in black to save the color and black cartridges only to find out they have an expiration date and may not work anyway.

I feel much more at peace with this choice.

We bought a Laser - Brother HL2140 in Fry's electronics for 50$. It is is B/W laser with a high yield Toner Cartridge - TN360.

When you are looking at a Laser printer, look at the Toner Cartridge price + No. of prints per cartridge. This will give you the cost per print. Should be 1-2C per copy.

:iagree: I have the Brother 2140. I LOVE it, it's the only printer I use. I bought it last year at Staples in August and it was only about $60. I have 2 inkjet printers that I just hate, I'm ready to throw them out.

I know eventually (maybe next year before school starts) I'm going to buy a color laser printer.