Menu

AAS help please: What do I need to start it?

JadeOrchidSong

We are doing Sequential Spelling 1 with ds 8 and will finish it in a few weeks. However, I am not happy with the result and I have been researching other programs. I have my eyes on AAS. So which level should he start with? What do I need? I have a younger ds turning 6 soon, so I can buy AAS 1 and 2 and do it with both of them, or let the older ds do it at a faster pace and finish 2 or more levels in a year.

Please advice what I should get to complete this program. Also if you have the complete set for sale, let me know. Thanks for your help,

J

My advice would be to buy levels 1 and 2 and just let the older child move at a faster pace. It will seem really fast at first and you may get through the first book in about 2-3 weeks, but just remember that holes will be filled as you move along.

Some have been able to start an older child in level 2, but I am currently using it with my spelling challenged 11 year old, but when we started with AAS I started at the beginning. He finished it at a step a day, so about 3 weeks, but I could see that it filled some gaps.

You could check the "Where should we start" page on the AAS site if you're still unsure.