Menu

Question about dyspraxia

This is a totally new word to me. I've been researching Asperger's and ADHD over the past 2 years. I'm not sure there is much difference. But, I just had my oldest tested by an Occupational Therapy and this is what she came up with.

If you have a child that has this, has OT helped?

I am very interested to see how his neuropsych testing goes next month.

Thanks you.

Thanks for your information. It looks like most of the studies for Dyspraxia have taken place in England. I did order a book on amazon a few months ago that had the ADHD/Aspergers in the title. Then, when I was looking for books about Dyspraxia I saw that the book I ordered also had Dyspraxia in the title!

I'm hoping the neuropsych will have more input. He specializes in ADHD and Aspergers. I know what you mean about good therapists and psychologists. I live where they seem to be at every street corner and trying to find a good one was somewhat of a challenge. I did some phone interviews and had two face to face meetings and this guy just seemed to fit perfectly. He was also highly recommended by an Advocate of a friend of ours.

I will report back on his finding, which may take a few months.