Menu

another UTI question.....

UTI's don't cause pain when wiping, do they? I've had MANY UTI's but never had them hurt when I wiped. Dd7 just told me at bedtime that it hurts to wipe and it burns when she goes to the bathroom. She says it's been like this for a few days. :eek: I wish she had told me sooner!

She was in bed and tired, so I will take a look for irritation tomorrow.

What could cause pain when wiping? She doesn't have any itching. She's been with me all day and hasn't itched once. In fact, she's been with me solidly for two days, NO itching.

I'll be bringing her in for the dr. to check her urine, just wanted to see if anyone here had any input while we waited.

I think if you let one go untreated for a while or if it's aggressive it can move down the urethra and inflame/irritate where you wipe...urethritis I think it's called. Or one can even have urethritis w/o a UTI. I think the treatment - antibiotics - is the same. But don't quote me on any of that. Hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

If her only symptoms are burning when she pees and pain when wiping.. assuming I didn't miss something in another thread.. then it *could* just be irritation. Possibly from not wiping properly to begin with. If her urine is highly concentatred especially.. it can cause irritation. If this is the case upping her water intake will help dilute her urine and give her a chance to heal. :)