Menu

Help me clarify writing for dd11?

thowell

She is using WWE2 and we are going through SLOWLY!!!! I am trying to teach her basic outlining which she is not getting and I also have her give written narrations on our Bible. The narration she wrote today for Bible was really bad. There is no structure. Her thoughts are rambling and incomplete. She is not even using punctuation and capitalization correctly! What can I do? She is really behind and I know this. I just can't seem to find where to start with her and what would help. A friend of mine just let me borrow a copy of Write On Track for 3rd grade. Would this help. Should I have her continue to do narrations when they are this bad? Any other suggestions?

Here's a suggestion for helping her write her narration. After reading the Bible selection, have her tell you what happened first, then what happened next etc. As she tells you each thing, have her write it down. In this way, she will be starting to write things in sequence. Make sure she tells you each thing in a complete sentence so that you get a complete sentence written down.

Just an idea.