Menu

MM overlap w/ SM?

bbrandonsmom

Yes, this is what I'm doing with my oldest. So far, I've used portions of MM Multiplication 2, Division 1, and Division 2 with Singapore 3A and Fractions 1 with Singapore 3B. I go through the topics in MM first because the explanations are better, and then use SM as additional practice.

We're about to start 4A and I expect to be using more from the MM worktexts.

Yes, this is what I'm doing with my oldest. So far, I've used portions of MM Multiplication 2, Division 1, and Division 2 with Singapore 3A and Fractions 1 with Singapore 3B. I go through the topics in MM first because the explanations are better, and then use SM as additional practice.

We're about to start 4A and I expect to be using more from the MM worktexts.

I do something similar to Crimson Wife.

SM doesn't have enough practice for us. We are using SM 2B/3A this year as well as MM blue mult/div/place value -- along with TT4 (because my girls love 'computer' math).

I plan to buy more MM in the future. Singapore will be our main program.

Thanks. Since you guys are ahead of me, would you be able to answer this? When they get to measuring with a ruler, do they explain that you are measuring a part of a line, and not the whole line, or does that come in later? I know it's important later on to distinguish that, and it's easier if taught earlier than later. I see in 1b, they start with units as measurement.