Menu

Dot to Dot pages

laure

My daughter (6) loves dot-to-dot pages and I've printed lots of them off the internet and we've bought books of those pages also. It's sometimes hard to find something that is challenging but not too much, but my main concern is all the wasted paper and how quickly she can go through them. It doesn't seem worth the time to print when she can be finished much faster than that with a page.

Any ideas of how to make this fun activity less paper-draining?

Laure

This might be too much trouble, but it's a thought. Why not print off a few pages, then go back with some correction fluid, making the page a bit more difficult---such as, changing to skip counting, all even numbers sequentially or all odd in the same pattern, etc.? Would that work? I think Kumon sells some of those dot-to-dot books, as does Walmart.

Make some for her yourself on a white board?

Also, I have this set of cards from Usborne called 100 things for little children to do on a journey (in the UK) or ....on a trip (in the US) and it's got some dot to dot activities; all are on wipeable cards. They've got others as well. They're quite cute.

Put the sheets inside a plastic sleeve and use a wet-erase marker? Make a little notebook of such sheets for her.

Ask your dd to color each page before she does the next dot-to-dot?

Ask her to make her own dot-to-dot by "tracing" a page of a coloring book? You could help her number the dots.