Menu

Help me figure out MY Learning Style and LEARN LA

Soror

So, I did (very) well in highschool and college. However, those were a few(ha) years ago and I have since forgotten more than I know. Besides the fact that LA was never my strong suit. I never had confidence in it and honestly don't know how I always made A's. When I wrote papers I would just go by reading something and editing it until it sounded "right."

Science and Math were always easy for me, I remembered the rules and did it. However, with LA whatever the rules were(beyond very basic things) I never could understand them- AT ALL. As I said I got enough of it somehow to make A's but I always felt confused about it. I would like to have a deep understanding.

Usually with learning something new I have a very difficult time reading and understanding directions. Sometimes hearing it helps better but often I have to get my hands in there and figure it out myself.

I would also like to improve my vocabulary and spelling. I notice my spelling seems to be getting worse every year. I would prefer cheap or free for myself but want something that will work for me.

Thoughts and opinions very much appreciated- I want to know this well before I start teaching him!!!

Guest mrsjamiesouth

I highly recommend Cathy Duffy's book, it has a great learning style quiz and advice on the different styles. I learned that I am a Competent Carl and my 2 boys are Sociable Sue and Wiggly Willy. I was having such a horrible time finding curriculum for my Sociable Sue boy and she had some great advice for meshing such opposite learning styles.

You might be able to figure out a little from her website: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/

It sounds like you might either be a Perfect Paula or a Competent Carl. Search for these on the website and see if you can't read a little about them.

I highly recommend Cathy Duffy's book, it has a great learning style quiz and advice on the different styles. I learned that I am a Competent Carl and my 2 boys are Sociable Sue and Wiggly Willy. I was having such a horrible time finding curriculum for my Sociable Sue boy and she had some great advice for meshing such opposite learning styles.

You might be able to figure out a little from her website: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/

It sounds like you might either be a Perfect Paula or a Competent Carl. Search for these on the website and see if you can't read a little about them.

:iagree:

I will be doing a presentation on this very topic next week for a "Mom's Topic Tea."