Menu

Brag Alert...Please read my dd's college essay!

Hi Ginger,

Well, I have had this up on my computer for the last couple of days waiting for an opportunity to read it. I finally did this morning and I will say that your daughter writes wonderfully! I have never been a writer myself, so I am often quite in awe of others who can craft words as your daughter does.

From her essay it is clear that you have done an excellent job training and nurturing your daughter. What a blessing to have your hard work and desires lived out in your child! You must be very proud!

Blessings,

Thank you! I was embarrassed at having posted it, but she had just given it to me and I was excited. I've found and corrected a few small errors since then. ;) I know now the real reason that I posted it here...it is a fitting testimony of her thankfulness, and because I knew that my own family wouldn't care. I emailed a copy to my mom and sister, never heard a word, so I called them. My mother said, "(sigh) Well, she likes to throw big words around, doesn't she." That's all. I have spoken about her antagonism toward our homeschooling and Christianity here before. It just grieves me, even now. So, I wanted to share my joy with some intelligent people who would care. :) Thanks for the encouragement as we seek to finish the race. Blessings~