Menu

Coffee help!

My coffee maker broke last night. I usually consume an insane amount of caffeine during the day, so I have a headache brewing. On top of this 2 of my children are sick.

Hive mind- how can I make coffee without a coffee pot? Bonus points if I can do it while holding the baby.

HELP ME!

Make it as if you were making tea from loose tea. Boil the water. If you have a tea pot, put the coffee grounds in the pot and fill with the boiling water. Put the lid on the pot and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. If you have a funnel, put a coffee filter in it and slowly pour the coffee from the pot into your mug through the filtered funnel.

If you do not have a tea pot, use any container (preferably glass) with a lid that can hold very hot liquids. If you don't have a funnel, a fine mesh strainer of some sort will work.

Alas- my Wal-Mart (or any store open on Sunday) is more then 30 minutes away, and I think the nearest Starbucks is over an hour away. Hence my panic!

Ah, quite understandable. My WalMart has a McDonald's in it, so if I was desperate enough I would buy it from them. I hope you find a way to brew it to your liking.