Menu

Question about IEW SWI B, for those who've used it?

HappyGrace

Dd10 has spent three yrs on the first units of IEW (writing from KWO-small history and narrative reports, writing from pictures). We need to move on and get her solid in more independent report writing (not imitative stuff) and I'm thinking of a SWI to help teach it directly to her.

I found what is in SWI B (http://www.excellenceinwriting.com/SWI-Topics). I don't want to spend any more time on the early units, and I'm wondering if enough of the material (volume/time-wise) in B is focused on Unit IV and up to make it worth getting? Thanks.

Guest TheBugsMom
Dd10 has spent three yrs on the first units of IEW (writing from KWO-small history and narrative reports, writing from pictures). We need to move on and get her solid in more independent report writing (not imitative stuff) and I'm thinking of a SWI to help teach it directly to her.

I found what is in SWI B (http://www.excellenceinwriting.com/SWI-Topics). I don't want to spend any more time on the early units, and I'm wondering if enough of the material (volume/time-wise) in B is focused on Unit IV and up to make it worth getting? Thanks.

I felt we spent way to much time on the first few units and not enough on the later units...sort of zipped through these. I don't think it is going to work the way you are hoping.

See, that's what I was worried about. May I ask what you are using this year? Maybe that will give me something to think about doing?

I am using a combination of the theme books and some of my own assignments. I have the TWSS DVDs that help me to make assignments from our own sources. Whatever we do for writing is usually related to what we are learning in history, science or literature.

See, that's what I was worried about. May I ask what you are using this year? Maybe that will give me something to think about doing?

I bought SWB's audios this summer and have listened to them about 10 times each one. I LOVE them. It is exactly the direction I needed, and it is really so simple. I refer back to what I learned with IEW when one of the kids is struggling with structure. Really, I can't recommend those tapes enough. It will give you peace of mind where writing is concerned.