Menu

Has anybody seen Moonshot?

robsiew

I was looking for a documentary about the moon for our studies this week and ran across Moonshot on Netflix. It's put out by the History Channel. Has anyone seen this? It is not rated. I'm wondering if it would be appropriate for my 9, 8, 6 and 5 year olds. We read a biography of Neil Armstrong a few weeks ago so this looks great, if it's appropriate.... thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me!

Robyn, if this is the documentary I'm thinking of, it is excellent. As I recall, Tom Hanks and another famous actor (can't remember name) narrated some parts of it. Hanks became so interested in the space program after filming Apollo 13, that he helped get this documunentary made. There are many interviews with some of the original astronauts. My dh and I watched it and loved it. I think we have VHS tapes of this on our shelves. It's been a long time since we watched it, but I think your older dc would enjoy it the most. Don't think there is anything objectionable.

HTH,

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer! That helps to know someone has seen it and it's good! My hubby even became convinced today that we need to up our Netflix subscription to 2 DVD's at a time so I will be able to get it for sure this week! Yeah! Thanks for the input, It might be a bit much for my younger two, but they can always get up and leave if they want! I'm excited to see it!

Just had to update this for anyone interested... this was an excellent movie! The kids and I all enjoyed this. Lots of great original footage as well as re-enactments. The kids were able to follow it well.

Couple cringe spots, but it really was worth it depending on your level of comfort.

In one of the opening scenes an astronaut is trying to urinate into the device that will be in his space suit. It is not visually explicit, rather they are very frank in their talk. We have 3 boys here and use correct anatomy terms so it got some giggles, but wasn't too distracting.

There is some light swearing d*mn and h*ll.

If you can get past those things I really highly recommend this movie! I'm really glad we watched it!