Menu

Sitting here waiting for the kids to wake up...

This is one of the reasons HS'ing is good for us. It is 8:45. I have exercised, showered, eaten breakfast, started a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, checked Facebook, checked my email, and gone over my To Do list for the day.

The kids are still asleep.

Not only do I get "me time," but I don't have to drag my non-morning family from their beds, kicking and screaming while I nag them for an hour ("Get up! Get in the shower! Eat your breakfast! You need to wear shoes! Where did you leave your bookbag? What do you mean you won't eat chicken nuggets at school? Brush your teeth! Don't wipe your face on your shirt! You're going to miss the bus!")

Yup, this HS'ing thing is good stuff.

I'm the only one in the house who *can't* sleep in. Left to their own devices, the rest of the house will sleep for 12-14 hrs/day. I put the Littles in bed before 8:00 in hopes that they will wake on their own before 9:00. I do not like having to wake any of the males in the house as they are grouchy grumps in the a.m.

Yes, this is one of my fave parts of homeschooling. I don't see how parents get up and drag their kids out of bed, get them ready, fix them breakfast, wake up younger siblings, get in the car and get them off to school. I just couldn't do it LOL! Add a rainy morning or a freezing cold morning to that and I'd be crying!

DS used to go to PS. I hated mornings. He had to be on the bus by 7:15 which means I had to wake him by 6:15 in order to give him time to whine, mope, stall, argue, get cleaned up and dressed, eat, whine some more, find his backpack, fake being sick, and make it to the bus stop. Yuck. Every time he mentions that he may want to go back to school (he misses his friends) I want to crawl in a hole.