Menu

Anyone use Sonlight? I have some questions

10Newtons

Do they change their IGs every year? in some ways yes. The IGs are upgraded every year, they may add new books or the make corrections, or do minor changes if there are no book changes

In the past did they use the Child's History of the World as a spine and now they use Story of the World?

THey use CHOW in Cores 1, 2, 1+2 and the Alt 7-the one year world history

They use SOTW in the indiviudual cores 6 and 7

Are the timeline figures something new??

no they have had time line figures hmm the whole time I think, I have used it sinc 1995

Looking specifically at World History Part I, 6

Thanks for any info! :)

Hope that answers things for you

You can ask questions on the choosing forums over there. They have public access there

AWESOME! Thanks so much! I am watching an ebay auction...and time is of the essence! lol

So...were the time line figures included in the IG or have the always been purchased seperately?

I am looking at a 2002 Core 6...the auction does not have the timeline figures. Would the current ones work?? This one uses the CHOTW (which I have) instead of the SOTW (which I don't have).

Do they change their IGs every year?

No, if a book goes out of print or they find errors they may update it, but they usually don't do a major change every year.

In the past did they use the Child's History of the World as a spine and now they use Story of the World?

I used to have a bunch of catalogs, but the oldest I could find was 2004/2005 they were still using Story of the World then.

Are the timeline figures something new??

Again, they have used timeline figures for as long as I have been using them (the last 6 years).

Looking specifically at World History Part I, 6

Thanks for any info! :)

Hope that helps.

AWESOME! Thanks so much! I am watching an ebay auction...and time is of the essence! lol

So...were the time line figures included in the IG or have the always been purchased seperately?

I am looking at a 2002 Core 6...the auction does not have the timeline figures. Would the current ones work?? This one uses the CHOTW (which I have) instead of the SOTW (which I don't have).

Okay, I am not sure I would reccomend that core. It is a really old core, Although it would still be workable.

IT IS NOT PART ONE of World history it is the very old ALT 7 now. It was one of their original cores. It probably hasn't changed much from that time. SL was going to discontinue that core but too many people liked that option of one year world history.

Does it have all the other books needed? finding books for that may be harder. ANd did you want to do World history in one year?

No they had to be purchased seperately.

i don't know if they would work on the program you are looking at.

Okay, I am not sure I would reccomend that core. It is a really old core, Although it would still be workable.

IT IS NOT PART ONE of World history it is the very old ALT 7 now. It was one of their original cores. It probably hasn't changed much from that time. SL was going to discontinue that core but too many people liked that option of one year world history.

Does it have all the other books needed? finding books for that may be harder. ANd did you want to do World history in one year?

Yea....after doing a bunch more research and reading here and the Sonlight Forums, I decided against it.

I am going to just keep plugging away at getting the books we need. :)

Thanks again! You were very helpful! :D

Yea....after doing a bunch more research and reading here and the Sonlight Forums, I decided against it.

I am going to just keep plugging away at getting the books we need. :)

Thanks again! You were very helpful! :D

Whew. I see so many post at SL that they buy old cores and then aren't happy with them.

It is hard.

What many would suggest would be to buy the IG from SL and then look for the books used or in the library.

SL has a used forum where people sell SL materials.

Best of luck finding things.