Menu

Letter from "College Admissions Assistance"

We received a letter the other day from CAA. Here are a few highlights:

Colleges are now identifying prospective students as early as the 9th grade for admissions and financial aid assistance. Therefore you need to attend in order to receive assistance in making critical decisions that will arise in the next few months...

<Your student's> interview will take place either this day or that day. These may be the only dates we have available for <your student> this school year, so call ...

Based on historical analysis, we have identified many colleges and universities nationwide that, subject to <your student's> qualifying for enrollment, may meet up to 100% of financial need...

There is no cost for ...Additional services will be made available ...

Wondering again, how they got my student's name, I noticed that they are based in Arlington, TX. I lived there many a moon ago. Ds was born a town or two over. For the heck of it, I went to the BBB site in the area and found the company's report along with it's D+ rating.

I wonder how many other scams we will encounter in the high school years. :glare:

Edited by Sue in St Pete

We received a letter the other day from CAA. Here are a few highlights:

Wondering again, how they got my student's name, I noticed that they are based in Arlington, TX. I lived there many a moon ago. Ds was born a town or two over. For the heck of it, I went to the BBB site in the area and found the company's report along with it's D+ rating.

I wonder how many other scams we will encounter in the high school years. :glare:

Well... knowing how to identify scams IS an important component of life skills, and therefore, I suppose one could argue that they are assisting you with educating your student(s) - at no cost IF you pass. ;)