Menu

biology texts ~ is Apologia's scope the same as secular texts?

Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology does not cover the Human Body. They have a separate text called " Human Body, Fearfully and Wonderfully Made." If you complete both it would equal the content of a secular text. This what I understand from the numerous posts I have read on this board. Ds. is finishing up with Biology and plan on finishing up with the Human Body text in the summer. He is a younger student attempting the text and he finds the text very clear and engaging.

Nissi

DS did Apologia Biology meeting with a class once a week for labs. The next year I put him in public school and here in VA he had to take the SOL (Standards of Learning) test to receive credit for the class. He received an advanced score (better than average) on the test. So, he did cover all the material of a standard biology class. Adding the human body study would make it an AP biology course which is an extra year of biology. FWIW our high school's biology offerings are Biology 1 or pre-AP Biology and with a "B" or better a student may then take AP Biology with AP Biology lab (total of 2 credits) in grades 11 or 12.