Menu

MM/Singapore & public school?

bbrandonsmom

So I downloaded the MM trial to see how ds did w/ it. My question is, since we are doing a trial for h/s, and not sure when or if we are going to put ds in private/ps, will using MM or Singapore confuse him or help him? They do not use MM or Singapore here. I would think it would give him a better math understanding, but I don't know. I keep reading you aren't supposed to switch maths, if the child is doing good. So what do I do?

He did 3 sheets this morning and liked them much better than the other math we are using. We're only on addition, so we'll see how it goes once we hit subtraction. But this has been on my mind all day.

We will probably eventually put the kiddos in school. I don't pick curriculum that the schools use. BUT I do pick curricula that I feel like will be grade appropriate. Beyond that, I try to make sure reading, writing, and math stay at least grade level and don't worry about the rest matching up.

With that said, I think either Singapore or MM will be fine. I used Singapore last year and am using MM 2 this year for 2nd. Both are conceptual, but have them learn math facts.