Menu

Supplementing FLL?

bbrandonsmom

What do you use? Are there any good grammar web pages w/ downloads to use for a supplement? I've found some on superteacherworksheets, but want to look at some others. Maybe I'm missing something here. But we read the page and review it, and then it's like, "Now what?". So I've been having to either make my own lesson (which seems to incorporate the next 3 lessons) or print out a noun review page for ds to do.

What do you use? Are there any good grammar web pages w/ downloads to use for a supplement? I've found some on superteacherworksheets, but want to look at some others. Maybe I'm missing something here. But we read the page and review it, and then it's like, "Now what?". So I've been having to either make my own lesson (which seems to incorporate the next 3 lessons) or print out a noun review page for ds to do.

Well we haven't started yet so I can't give much advise but in our family since we have many things we do for LA I do not intend to supplement FLL. Have you considered just accelerating it and moving onto the next level? I doubt I will be doing that but what we will more than likely be doing is either switching to Shurley after level 2 or we might even complete all four levels first before switching. I have not decided yet. For now I will probably just expand on what is there just putting added emphasis. Anyway, in your case since you find you are moving through it too fast, how about just accelerating? I have heard of others here on the boards doing that.

I'm in my second time through FLL and haven't found much of a need to supplement. Sometimes I would pick a sentence from a book my ds was reading for copywork and then point out what we had covered in FLL and maybe have him put a N for noun above the nouns, etc. I felt that was plenty grammar for K/1 - (I use FLL1 for K and FLL2 for 1st grade). Sometimes I would get the coordinating Ruth Heller books from the library.

Now that DS#2 is in FLL2 we have added WWE2 for writing and it reinforces the grammar covered in the FLL text.

I'm in my second time through FLL and haven't found much of a need to supplement. Sometimes I would pick a sentence from a book my ds was reading for copywork and then point out what we had covered in FLL and maybe have him put a N for noun above the nouns, etc. I felt that was plenty grammar for K/1 - (I use FLL1 for K and FLL2 for 1st grade). Sometimes I would get the coordinating Ruth Heller books from the library.

Now that DS#2 is in FLL2 we have added WWE2 for writing and it reinforces the grammar covered in the FLL text.

That's good to know :). We will be using both also.