Menu

Loop schedule question...

Hunter's Moon

If I want a class part of the loop but I *need* to have it show up for three days during the week, how do I do that?

Do I put it higher in the list of all the subjects that are looped?

I've seen some people say they do that but I just don't understand.

The subjects I am looping are English, Italian, ASL, and music.

I need to have English 3-4 days a week, Italian 3-4 days a week, Music- 3 days a week, and ASL- 1-2 days a week.

Any idea where I should put them so that in a normal week I would see them as many times as I need to?

Thanks.

I don't know how complicated your loop is but a very simple one is just a list of classes.

Math

Reading

Italian

Music

English

If you want something every other day or 2 or 3 times a week There are several variations.

You can write your first loop five times rotating the subjects that need rotating so instead of a loop that lasts one day your loop is for one week.

Math

Reading

Italian

Music

English

Math

Reading

Italian

ASL

English... and so on making sure everything is in there as many times as you want it.

You can make the short list but put more than one thing in a slot and when you have worked to that place the first time do the first, and the next time do the next.

Math

Reading

Music/ASL

Italian

English

You also can make your loop and just write down what times through the loop you do them. I think especially for this one keeping your master loop schedule in a page protector so you can mark not only where you are in the loop, but also what time you are going through it right on the page with dry erase markers. So when it is the third time you are going through the loop you'll skip italian and ASL

Math

English 1, 2, 3, 4

Italian 1, 2, 4, 5

Reading

Music 1, 3, 5

ASL 2, 4

I am sure there are other ways, maybe this will help you can find one that works for you.

My loop is a six column spreadsheet. The first column lists the subjects. The remaining five columns represent a typical five day school week. I enter those we do daily, then decide how frequently the others will be done. We snake down one column, go to the top of the next, continue down, and repeat. Once all five are completed, we start over. That may or may not take five days, it all depends.

I am sorry. I don't really understand. Could you maybe link it on here or post it so I may see?

Thanks.

I don't know how complicated your loop is but a very simple one is just a list of classes.

Math

Reading

Italian

Music

English

If you want something every other day or 2 or 3 times a week There are several variations.

You can write your first loop five times rotating the subjects that need rotating so instead of a loop that lasts one day your loop is for one week.

Math

Reading

Italian

Music

English

Math

Reading

Italian

ASL

English... and so on making sure everything is in there as many times as you want it.

You can make the short list but put more than one thing in a slot and when you have worked to that place the first time do the first, and the next time do the next.

Math

Reading

Music/ASL

Italian

English

You also can make your loop and just write down what times through the loop you do them. I think especially for this one keeping your master loop schedule in a page protector so you can mark not only where you are in the loop, but also what time you are going through it right on the page with dry erase markers. So when it is the third time you are going through the loop you'll skip italian and ASL

Math

English 1, 2, 3, 4

Italian 1, 2, 4, 5

Reading

Music 1, 3, 5

ASL 2, 4

I am sure there are other ways, maybe this will help you can find one that works for you.

Thank you. Those are all wonderful ideas. I'll test them all out and see which one works best.

My loop is a six column spreadsheet. The first column lists the subjects. The remaining five columns represent a typical five day school week. I enter those we do daily, then decide how frequently the others will be done. We snake down one column, go to the top of the next, continue down, and repeat. Once all five are completed, we start over. That may or may not take five days, it all depends.

Reading through it more thoroughly, I think I understand it now. I wouldn't mind if you could post it anyways though. If not that's fine.

Thanks for the help :)

I have my kids schedules broken into two parts. The parts that must be done every day, and the parts that it is OK to do only a couple times a week. On Monday I do the daily, and I do the "loop" part of my younger 3 kiddos' schedules. Then on Tuesday I do everyone's daily and the loop part of my oldest dd's schedule. Then I repeat it for Wednesday and Thursday. The end result is I get one group of work done daily and the other done twice a week.

It works for me, not sure if it would help you.

Heather

I don't really understand. Could you maybe link it on here or post it so I may see?

I think our weekly schedules look a lot like this-I attached my 5th grader's. Every two weeks I just write in what needs done or where we are starting in the first column, then what we got done in the box for each day. So math might say p. 56 4 pages/day, then under day one we will write p.59.

This year we are doing everything 4 times, but sometimes I might cross off a day or two in some rows if we only need to do it 1-3 times. We try to get all the boxes filled in by the end of the week!

Lincoln2.pdf

Lincoln2.pdf