Menu

s/o Movies you loved as a kid but now go ???

I've let mine watch them except for the horror movies. My dds thought parts of Gremlins was scary - there's no way they could take Nightmare on Elm Street. I don't know how I did.:tongue_smilie:

I never liked horror movies and still don't, so we definitely don't watch those. But films I enjoyed as a kid I've also enjoyed sharing with my teens - even if we later decided they were cheesy or have other "issues" with them. It just surprises me that others choose differently, but...

To each their own. ;)

You do have to be careful. It's amazing what we forget about movies we've seen.

Honestly, if we don't remember it, they probably won't, either. I think that a lot of what makes us parents go :svengo: kinda goes over the kids' heads. We watched Goonies with our kids recently. I had forgotten how much language was in that movie. My kids giggled a little about it, but if you ask them now what they remember about the movie (I just did), cussing doesn't make the list. Even my 16 year old doesn't get a lot of the innuendo I pick up on in movies.

Tara