Menu

US Post Card Exchange- Join in the Fun!

kbpaulie

I am organizing a United States Post Card Exchange. Want to join in the fun?

How will this work?

1) You sign up for your state/ territory/ DC

2) On your assigned week you will send 50+ postcards to the other

individuals that are signed up

3) On their weeks, those other 50+ individuals will be sending you post cards.

We are doing this in conjunction with our My Fathers World Adventures curriculum. So the first week post cards will go out is Nov 8th. We will then be sending these in order of US joining. There

will be a couple of weeks off for the Christmas holidays. We'll be wrapping up mid-April. An "official" schedule will be sent out to all who participate letting you know when to send your cards and when to expect cards.

We do already have a few states covered: TX, OH, MO, NC, FL and Guam.

If you are interested in doing this, please contact me via e-mail (kmoncelle at yahoo dot com) with:

1) your name,

2) childrens' names,

3) State

4) mailing address,

5) e-mail address (Only one person per state will be signed up.)

6) Also, please let me know if you are interested even

if we have "poor" participation. (In other words, if we get 5 people to do this do you still want to particiapte with those 5 states.)

7) Also let me know which forum you heard this through (MFW or WTM)

W/i the next couple weeks I will be comiling addresses and sending all info out in a Word Document.

While you will get a lot of post cards, please also consider the time and cost of sending out 50+ post cards before you decide to participate in this program.

Thanks much-

Karena

(kmoncelle at yahoo dot com)

Edited by kmoncelle

So you are saying....when it would be my week ....I would go out and buy 50 postcards to mail to all the 'participants'....and ADDRESS all those postcards too? And....pay for the postcards....and to mail them....just mailing them would be $14. I have no idea how much they cost to purchase.

Seems like a lot of work....to me....but I guess I am pretty lazy...huh? LOL!

I sent you an email :)

We participated in a valentine's exchange earlier this year that was like this and there were 98 kids in total. Of course, that was several in each household but it came out to be like 49 different households to send them to. It was a bit of money to buy all the cards and mail them, plus all that addressing hehe

It was worth it though, my son LOVED receiving all those valentines. He still has them in a box that he goes through and looks at every once in a while.

Change in plans, we will just ask you to send the post cards btwn. Nov-April - not on a specific week. You can mail them at once or a few at a time. Whatever works best for you.

If you're computer savy you can print address labels and even print a message for the postcard. While it will add up personally we're loking forward to it.

We now have:

GA, VA, NY, NC, OH, MO, FL, TX, CA, OR, CO, AZ, HI and Guam

A few families are participating in the exchange, "hosting" a state other than their own. So, this may be an option for some families still interested in particiapting.

We have the following states covered. Please let me know if you'd like to particiapte:

AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, HI, IA, MD, MN, MO, NY, NC, OK, TN, TX, VA, and Guam

Remember, you could be mailing out 50 postcards so please consider the cost and time of this.

Can you tell I need to relearn state sppreviations?

We are still in need of AL, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, IL, IN, KS, KY, Louisiana, Maine, MA, MI, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, NJ, NM, ND, PA, RI, SD, UT, VT, WA (pending), WV, WI (pending), WY

I think that we'll "close" this at the end of the week.

Again, you can send your name, kids names, address and state you are representing to kmoncelle at yahoo dot com

Please keep the cost in mind - the postage and postcards do add up quickly

Can you tell I need to relearn state sppreviations?

We are still in need of AL, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, IL, IN, KS, KY, Louisiana, Maine, MA, MI, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, NJ, NM, ND, PA, RI, SD, UT, VT, WA (pending), WV, WI (pending), WY

I think that we'll "close" this at the end of the week.

Again, you can send your name, kids names, address and state you are representing to kmoncelle at yahoo dot com

Please keep the cost in mind - the postage and postcards do add up quickly

You don't have AK (Alaska) listed there - it's not covered yet, is it? Let me know if not.