Menu

Can we talk Homeschool Tracker? Can I

have it all set up by the time my kiddos come home next weekend? What are the pros/cons of HT?

Also, are there any blogs where people describe their HT experience? Is there anything else that I should consider?

We are using Sonlight in a modified manner as well as a variety of other products.

I'm going to go search the boards but I thought I would ask these questions as well. Thank you.

Well, I only have the free version, and I've only been using it for a week, so I don't know how much help I'll be. So far, I'm enjoying it. I can plan in advance with it, but I often use it just to record after the fact. We use a charter school, so I'm hoping that it will make the monthly meetings go more quickly and also make our consultant's job easier, if I can just print off what we did for the month. I'm not using it for planning too much yet, but I think as I get more used to using it, I'll be using it in that way more often.

I spent the summer getting all my lesson plans done and all our resources entered in HST+. We just finished our first week of using the assignment sheets. I *love* it! It is so nice to be able to go down the list and check off what we have done and see what we still need to do. I did realize that I need to figure out a way to simplify the list since mine are younger.

It really depends on what you want to use it for and what you mean by "all set up"? I love it for planning purposes and have all our lessons plans for every subject planned out for the year. That took a while, but I also do not use any kind of planned curriculum, so it was all up to me to figure out lessons per week, etc.

I would recommend either watching the videos or downloading the user's manual and start playing. I had the UM open in one window and HST+ open in another and just worked through whatever task I wanted to learn step by step.

I love that I will have all of our records in one place. I can reuse lesson plans as the younger ones come up. I love having something to keep me on track and accountable. I love the assignment sheets. I love being able to see what's in my library to jog my memory.

The only con I can think of is the learning curve and that wasn't bad for me. Like I said, I started with the users manual and I have been able to do what I wanted with it for the most part.

I spent the summer getting all my lesson plans done and all our resources entered in HST+. We just finished our first week of using the assignment sheets. I *love* it! It is so nice to be able to go down the list and check off what we have done and see what we still need to do. I did realize that I need to figure out a way to simplify the list since mine are younger.

It really depends on what you want to use it for and what you mean by "all set up"? I love it for planning purposes and have all our lessons plans for every subject planned out for the year. That took a while, but I also do not use any kind of planned curriculum, so it was all up to me to figure out lessons per week, etc.

I would recommend either watching the videos or downloading the user's manual and start playing. I had the UM open in one window and HST+ open in another and just worked through whatever task I wanted to learn step by step.

I love that I will have all of our records in one place. I can reuse lesson plans as the younger ones come up. I love having something to keep me on track and accountable. I love the assignment sheets. I love being able to see what's in my library to jog my memory.

The only con I can think of is the learning curve and that wasn't bad for me. Like I said, I started with the users manual and I have been able to do what I wanted with it for the most part.

:iagree: with everything Tamara said! LOVE, LOVE the assignment sheets!