Menu

What do I need to buy for Pathway Readers?

mo2

I posted this question in another thread but then thought maybe I would get more responses this way. What are the titles of the actual readers themselves? There are workbooks, TMs, "primers." Are any of these necessary, or do I just need the reader?

Thanks!

I posted this question in another thread but then thought maybe I would get more responses this way. What are the titles of the actual readers themselves? There are workbooks, TMs, "primers." Are any of these necessary, or do I just need the reader?

Thanks!

You buy them by grade level and most of them have a reader and a workbook. For K there are a few more books but luckily they are very cheap. I got mine form a company in Canada call the Joy Center for Learning. Very nice people - plus they have samples of everything. Maybe they have that everywhere now, but when we were using them it was very hard to find a sample for each level.

I would definitely get the workbooks - they have a pre-reading vocabulary exercise to get them ready for the story and a post reading comprehension exercise. It is a complete reading program.

Joy Center

Here is the best place I have found to purchase Pathway Readers:

http://www.rodandstaffbooks.com/list/Pathway_Readers/

They divide all the books by grade level, and show all the accompanying books, so you know what goes with what. They also have a lot of samples online, so you can get a good idea of what is included in each book.

We have used the readers alone (without any of the accompanying materials) as daily reading practice, but as a PP said, the workbooks, etc. aren't that expensive. After taking a look at the samples, you should be better equipped to decide if you need the complete set, just the readers, or some combination.

HTH,

Rainbow Resource has everything you need - type in Pathway Reading in the search box. I bought but didn't use the very first book in the series(First Steps). It does introduce the families which is nice plus, but I never used that book and my son wasn't confused at all. If you have a 1st grader, I would start with either First Steps or Days Go By, and definitely get the workbooks that go along with the books (they are excellent and very affordable!). I bought the teacher's manual for the book my son is currently reading (Busy Times). It has the answers to the workbook pages and a few helpful teaching notes (but it is definitely not necessary). If you want to save $, I'd skip the teacher's manual and buy only the readers and workbooks.

I purchased the entire set of primers from Timberdoodle last year on sale for $75.00.

It was a great investment, my kids love them so much and we use them for our daily reading session.

These are books I will hang onto for my grandchildren, so I wanted the entire set to read and enjoy for years to come.

P.S. I also picked up the workbooks at a used curriculum sale this past spring for $3.00 for the entire collection with teacher manuals in brand new condition. The homeschool mom who had them never used them and was just trying to find someone who would enjoy them. It was a great deal, we are planning to use the workbooks this year along with our primers.

You buy them by grade level and most of them have a reader and a workbook. For K there are a few more books but luckily they are very cheap. I got mine form a company in Canada call the Joy Center for Learning. Very nice people - plus they have samples of everything. Maybe they have that everywhere now, but when we were using them it was very hard to find a sample for each level.

I would definitely get the workbooks - they have a pre-reading vocabulary exercise to get them ready for the story and a post reading comprehension exercise. It is a complete reading program.

Joy Center

:iagree:we've used this series for the olderst 3 beginning with the very first book and workbook.