Menu

How about Kolbe lit study guides for Iliad, Odyssey, etc.

Yes, I am still collecting study guides for our study of ancients. The more the merrier, right?:D

Anyone have any thoughts on these? I kind of liked their jr. high materials, and these guides can be bought individually, too.

Thanks, again all you ancients fans!

When you buy them individually do you only get the study guide student book and study guide teacher book?

If so, these are going to look much like the MP guides - only even less material. The study guides have people and places to identify and comprehension questions. There are also a couple of reviews and one or two essay questions at the end of each guide. The Iliad study guide skips Books 12-15, 21 and 23. The Iliad guide is 17 pages and the Odyssey guide is 14 pages (and they are half pages - 9x6.)

The schedule, key points, discussion notes, discussion questions and essay topics are all in the Ancient Greek Literature study guide. They cover the Iliad and Odyssey in 9 weeks each so there are nine essays for each work with example answers for each essay and there is an exam and answer key to wrap up each study. The primary literature guide is the part we will be utilizing. I don't think we will use the Kolbe individual study guides much.

Good luck! We are beginning the Iliad on Monday!

When you buy them individually do you only get the study guide student book and study guide teacher book?

If so, these are going to look much like the MP guides - only even less material. The study guides have people and places to identify and comprehension questions. There are also a couple of reviews and one or two essay questions at the end of each guide. The Iliad study guide skips Books 12-15, 21 and 23. The Iliad guide is 17 pages and the Odyssey guide is 14 pages (and they are half pages - 9x6.)

The schedule, key points, discussion notes, discussion questions and essay topics are all in the Ancient Greek Literature study guide. They cover the Iliad and Odyssey in 9 weeks each so there are nine essays for each work with example answers for each essay and there is an exam and answer key to wrap up each study. The primary literature guide is the part we will be utilizing. I don't think we will use the Kolbe individual study guides much.

Good luck! We are beginning the Iliad on Monday!

I think I will order the $45 Ancient Greek Literature study guide and skip the "little" guides. I had wondered if I needed both. Good to know that I do not. I have those Rutherford guides but am not that into them. I might order the MP guides + the Kolbe "big" guide and combine those two. Sounds like it might be the right balance. Nine weeks sounds like a loooooong time to spend on these. I was hoping on 5 or 6 for the Iliad and 4 or 5 for the Odyssey.

Thanks again for your insights.