Menu

Computer generated copy worksheets for Macs

desertmum

I was looking at Penny Gardner's book for teaching italic handwriting and I saw she has some copy work already made. I want to buy the book, but I need to get lots more copy work than the book offers.

Does anyone here know where or how I can get hold of a free italic font that I can download to a Mac computer? Pretty please? :D :bigear: I say free or inexpensive as my hs budget is already overstretched!

Edited by desertmum
making post clearer?

I have seen your links to italic fonts before but they always said "pc". I will try the new link and hopefully it will work. I guess I should be doing my own worksheets but my handwriting is too loopy and has suffered too many years of typing to be reliable. Anyway, I will try this site and report back! :D

And, of course, many thanks for taking the time to help!!!

I checked and found that the Briem font is also available for the Mac. If you don't mind the slightly angular look of this font, it would be a better option compared to the other free Italic fonts, because this one comes in manuscript and cursive versions with and without triple guidelines that are so necessary for a new learner. (The Briem font is what I used to learn italics myself.)

For the cursive font, you will have to run a program to get the cursive joins. This is similar to how the G-D Italics cursive font works. See this page for download and info.

There are some Italics cursive copywork sheets for download on this site as well.

2. The Victoria Modern Cursive font is also available for the Mac.

I download the font and joiner from briem.net. I have to say that the joiner hasn't worked for me yet -did it work for you? did you really learn using briem.net? wow I'm impressed.

I will have to ask a techie for help (my husband) to get the joiner going. Also there is a super mac expert at my hubby's place of work (he runs windows operating system on his mac, can you believe?). But the font itself is fine. Italics is something you can add your personality to it later on. At the end of the day I can print a few things and add the joiners by hand. The Victorian modern cursive worked a treat.

Thanks again. You are a gem :001_smile: