Menu

Have you ever

taken the drain plate off your shower floor to clean under it? I never have. Yesterday my dh pulled it off because it seemed there was a ball of *my* hair caught in the holes. He stuck something long down the pipe and out came a hairball the width and length of my child's arm! Gross!

When I saw it I burst out laughing because it was the funniest, strangest thing sitting on the floor of the shower. How can I keep my hair from washing down the drain?

I just did this this morning! I'm surprised I have any hair left - it's all in the drain. I think there is something you can put over our drain to catch the hair - I don't know the name maybe someone else does. I also know there's this weird/cool stuff you can put down the drain that has "helpful" bacteria that eat the junk that goes down your drain. Hope you ate BEFORE you read that!

Oh yeah, that is nasty. :ack2:

You can buy a "hair catcher" at Walmart or a grocery store; it's in the $2-$4 range. It doesn't catch everything, but definitely makes a huge difference. Then you just pick it up after every shower and wipe off the hair and throw it in the garbage.

Mine catcher is about 4-5" across, white plastic, and the center area is raised up and mesh. (The raised up part is supposed to make if fit over the drain stopper if you have one that stays in, but it doesn't fit over ours, so we had to remove the drain stopper.)

Good luck! That stuff is just nasty -- I know!!