Menu

homemade pizza rolls, crunchy chicken nuggets & fish sticks?

Anyone have good recipes? I really really want recipes that I can make ahead and freeze in large quantities like the cheap stuff I could otherwise buy in the grocery stores. Fish sticks and crunchy chicken nuggets are the most commonly requested items at my house.

Oh, and while you are at it, if you have a recipe to replace those Totinos pizza roll things I would apprectiate those as well. They also need to be very similar to the store bought ones especially size and texture wise, at least at first.

Thanks!

My dd adapted this chicken nugget/finger recipe from a Betty Crocker Kids Cookbook:

4 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips

1/2 cup crushed Cheez-It crackers

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs

1/2 tsp garlic powder

black pepper

mayonnaise

Crush Cheez-It crackers and combine with bread crumbs, garlic powder and pepper. Brush chicken strips with mayo and coat with crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet sprayed with oil.

Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is done, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. You can flip the pieces halfway through if you like, but we don't bother sometimes. Serve with BBQ sauce, honey mustard, ranch, etc. for dip.

Thanks for the ideas. I love her pizza pocket idea on the blog. I will definately try it. The chicken nuggets sound good, and we would most likely eat it, but those crackers often contain MSG and I am trying ot avoid that. It give me and my son migraines.

Ahh, what about the little Annie's Organic Bunnies (cheese crackers)? I like to bake nuggets rather than fry, so I don't know if these are crunchy enough for ya. :)
Ahh, thank you! I will look for them next time I shop. Our grocery stores don't always have the nicer stuff, but I will make an effort to go to the better health food store. I bet they will have them. Just this morning I had read the ingredients of every brand our store carried trying to find one without MSG (son was wanting some again to pack in a lunch) and didn't find any. But now that I know what to ask for :)

I also prefer to bake. Less mess, healthier, don't have to hover over it...