Menu

Talk to me about Latin

For those of you who have "finished" Latin instruction for your dc, I'd like to know what you recommend for middle school/high school Latin.

DD finished Latina Christiana 2 and we're moving on the "the next level." I've heard of Henle and Wheelock but haven't seen any of the material.

I'd like to learn along with dd and was wondering what might be good choices: thorough texts that can be comprehended by someone w/ no Latin background, maybe something more suited to homeschoolers, rather than for the classroom?

Please let me know what has worked for you, and why. I'd also be curious to know of any programs you have reservations about.

Thanks!

Edited by Jean in CA

We have had a great experience with Mrs. Robinson at Regina Coeli Academy. My boys love her class. I love to see hear them cracking up at her jokes:). I have one son taking Wheelocks (he is in Latin III this year) and one taking Henle. I regret starting him in Henle and wish I had gone with Wheelocks. (But they didn't offer Henle to him in 8th grade - only Henle.)

They both are learning a ton.